Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Introduction

Hello My Fellow Classmates and Professor,

My name is Latriea Grant and I am from Walterboro, SC. Professionally I work as a secretary at Black Street Early Childhood Center. We have approximately 380  preschool (PreK3- K5) students. All of whom are ages 3-6. Black Street is a flourishing school full of children who are eager to learn and grow.

Out of work I am a mother of one. My daughter; Lanasia or "Speedy" as many people call her keeps me busy. Growing up I've always had a passion for softball, and my daughter now has that same passion. Lanasia currently plays for our local recreational league as well as she plays travel ball. Travel ball gives us the opportunity to travel all over the state of South Carolina to play teams. Last season alone she and her teammates brought home over 10 first and second place trophies.

Educationally; I have to say that attending Ashford University was one of my best decisions. I feel that I have grown so much over the year in my writing as well as my ability to learn new things. For me, learning new ways to use technology was probably my hardest thing to do. I am so accustomed to using the basics of Microsoft that I never realized there are so many forms of technology that can be used to evolve the way in which you are learning and being taught.

EDU 697 is the final course in obtaining my Masters Degree in Education. This process has been an honor and a privilege to be apart of. I look forward to working with each and everyone and hope that we all succeed and reach our final goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment